Thursday, August 30, 2012

Late Summer Musings

As August winds down and Labor Day weekend begins, I've found myself clinging to the last bits of summer. Thinking back to May 12, when Mr. V and I got engaged, it feels like minutes have gone by, much less three and a half months. This has been the best summer I can remember, but it was also a whirlwind...


Since the end of May, I've been to Berlin, Martha's Vineyard, Milan, Torino, Vermont, Virginia, and Florida. We've celebrated several friends' weddings (Mr. V has been to ten ceremonies since January; I made it to eight of those). Mr. V and I have also been working hard to plan our own wedding, which is seven and a half months away and feels like it's just around the corner. Additionally, we recently adopted a sweet kitten that we just adore. With all of these wonderful summer memories and experiences tumbling around in my mind, it feels hard to let go of the season. However, today's weather finally ignited a small yearning in me for fall. The air felt warm, yet crisp, and the light streamed through the trees, illuminating a few yellowing leaves, just as in this beautiful image of a farm's garden. It has left me exited for a new season and a fresh start, and I'm going into the long weekend feeling ready for the change. Have a happy final few days of summer!

Image via Modern Hepburn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...