Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Fashionista's Christmas

Now that Thanksgiving is savored and done, I'm ready to begin decorating for Christmas in full force. It may not yet be December, but the greenery, stockings, and lights are coming out now! This year, I thought I'd approach my holiday decor as I would an outfit...

How gorgeous is this coat and purse combo? I adore the elegance of winter white, and I love how these monochromatic stockings show off the texture and material of the fabric - and it makes the presents pop!


However, perhaps a more subtle palatte of light greens and ivory is the way to go. It's so ethereal, and a few key subdued colors could be added, like in this holiday bonsai tree, for a more dynamic effect...


But then again, who isn't mezmerized by splashes of bright red?! The impact of crimson is unrivaled in both dress and decor. You can never go wrong with classic Christmas colors!

I'm not sure which way to go yet, but I'd be happy with any of these design schemes! Do you have a favorite?

Image one of Filipa Fino wearing a Gucci coat and Nina Ricci bag via Vogue.com, Photographer: Marko MacPherson; Images two, four, and six (all the interiors) via MarthaStewart.com; Image three of Anja Rubik via Citizen Couture; Image five of Daria Werbowy in a Lanvin dress from Vogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...