Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Velvet Crush

I've been a bit obsessed with this room since I first saw it in Elle Decor in 2007. I'd love to snuggle up on that daybed and read a good book, write Christmas cards, blog, nap...Really anything for that matter! It just looks so cozy.


The daybed, upholstered in Accolade velvet by Pollock, is fitted with a mattress covered in mohair velvet by the Silk Trading Co. My mom recently reupholstered a couch in mohair, and while I was a bit reluctant when I first heard her plan, I absolutely love the mohair velvet here...It looks so luxurious! The pillows are made from fabrics by Q Collection. In my living room, I have a similarly colored orange velvet pillow on a corner chair with an ivory silk pillow, an effect that I love. This color and design scheme is near and dear to my heart - clean lines, plush fabrics, and rich, warm colors. My favorite aesthetic!

Anthony Cochran's West Village studio from May 2007 Elle Decor, Photographer: Eric Piasecki.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...