Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Great White Pumpkin

I found this beautiful pumpkin at the farmer's market in Union Square on Monday. It was the only white one in the whole stand, and I just felt like it had my name on it. Raja is pretty smitten with my choice, and he's spent a lot of time cozying up with the new fall addition to our apartment. 


Funnily enough, after spending some time in one stall picking out veggies, I was told that I was actually standing in a movie set. Only in New York! Thank goodness the rest of the market was "real", and I found a fresh spaghetti squash that I baked and then sautéed with truffle oil, garlic, a bit of chili, and topped with local handmade cow's cheese...It was delicious, and the best way to celebrate the chilly fall weather in New York.

Image taken by me, with my iPhone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...