Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Perfect Gray

This summer I've been traveling more than I ever have before, and I've hardly spent any weekends in the city all season. After our time in Vermont, Mr. V and I went to Palm Beach to visit his family the last weekend of July, and this past Friday we decided to take a spontaneous trip to visit my parents in the Virginia countryside. We're finally tucked back in our apartment, and I'm contemplating what color we should paint our living room...


I have shades by Farrow & Ball, Pratt & Lambert, Benjamin Moore, and Martha Stewart all dotting our walls in the hunt to find the perfect hue of light gray...And gray is such a daunting color to find! Each one seems either too blue or too taupe. The most beautiful shades I find are all quite dark (like Benjamin Moore's Coventry Gray), so perhaps I'll paint the room white and add touches of the dark gray to our doors and bookshelves. I love the use of gray in the three images above this - even the monochromatic outfit is a beautiful inspiration for layering a room with texture and color. For now, I'm off to scan Pinterest for more images! 

Image one via Elle Decor; Image two via Cupcakes and Cashmere; Image three via Pinterest, original source unknown. 

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh lady, I just began painting the main room gray in our new house. It's the perfect neutral. Next up: redoing the brick fireplace and mantle in white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What color is it that you chose? I feel like I've sampled everything! xo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...