Sunday, December 11, 2011

From Paris to Bombay

Karl Lagerfeld's Chanel Pre-Fall 2012 collection is completely amazing. The show took place on December 6 at the Grand Palais in Paris, and is a lush compilation of new pieces from the French fashion powerhouse, each of which are inspired by India. Few things could please me more than a combination of Paris and Bombay (two of my most favorite cities in the world, and also the title of the collection), and I am so captivated by these clothes. Also, Karl took it up a notch by having the models walk next to decadent banquet settings layered with silver trays, candelabras, and piles of rich foods. So gorgeous! Since Mr. V and I are going to India next month for a friend's wedding, and I will inevitably be mixing western garb with Indian attire, this is the best inspiration imaginable for how to seamlessly blend clothes and cultures...



I hope you enjoy it as well! Have a fantastic weekend!

All photographs via Vogue.com, Photographer: Yannis Vlamos/GoRunway.com.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...